[SLOrk-China] IMPORTANT: VISA TIME!

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed May 14 15:57:44 PDT 2014

Greetings!

We are now working on the Chinese Visas!  Thanks to Kitty for putting
together this following guide!  The plan is for everyone needing a visa
to fill the form out (as hardcopy), and to hand this to us BY MONDAY
(5/19), along with 1) your passport 2) cash for the visa fee (see below).

Thanks and good luck (let us know if you have any questions)!

Ge!

---
TO-DO-list

I. Get yourself a visa photo

Please get yourself a recent color passport photo (full face, front
view, bareheaded and against a plain light colored background, 2x2
inches in size)

II. We need you to download and fill out the visa application form
(attached)

Here are some pointers about how to fill out the form

Part 1: (Pretty straight forward, just fill out your personal information)

Part 2.1: Major purpose of your visit
(leave this blank, we are confirming with SCPKU on the visa type)

Part 2.2: Would suggest box 4 - Multiple entries valid for 1 year
For Ge, select box 5, and mention: Multiple entries valid for 2 years

Part 2.3: Yes (we are trying to do this in one day)

Part 2.4: Put your date of arrival, say 2014-06-09

Part 2.5: 60 days

Part 2.6: "2014/06/09 - 2014/07/04  Stanford Center at Peking University"
Stanford Center at Peking University
The Lee Jung Sen Building
Langrun Yuan
Peking University
No.5 Yiheyuan Road
Haidian District
Beijing, P.R.China 100871

Part 2.7: "Stanford Center at Peking University"

Part 2.8:
Name: Stanford Center at Peking University
Address:  same as above
Phone number:  +86.10.6274.4170
Relationship with the applicant: host institution

Part 2.9: According to your own information
Part 2.10: According to your own information

Part 3: (Pretty Straight forward)

III. Print out the form

After you fill out the form,
1. print out the form
2. put your signature and date in Part 4
3. Affix your visa photo to page 1 of the form

III. Supplementary Documents

Bring all the following documents to us:

1. The visa application form you've filled and signed

2. A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page: Your
valid passport must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity
and at least one blank visa page in it.

3. Visa fee
$170 for US citizen (including $30 same-day rush service)
$120 for citizens of other countries (Hey Romain, it's you!)

4. (this is being worked on your invitation letters)

5. (For Romain, and those not applying for the visa in their country of
citizenship)
If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship,
you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid or visa of
stay, residence, employment or student status of the country where you
are currently staying.

Need more information?  Visit:
http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/eng/lszj/zgqz/
http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/eng/lsbgxz

Kitty:
That what all I can think about Chinese visa (I actually don't get
Chinese visas, but believe me, 10 times less complicated than applying
US visas from China, so we could do it!!)