[SLOrk-China] action items!

John Granzow granzow at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Apr 23 14:55:11 PDT 2014

Hi Ge!

Just entered dates for my arrival and departure.  I chose a little later date for departure (closer
to Robs date) to keep room for the writing obligations of that chapter I mentioned.  Hope this is
ok, but let me know if the extra time will be needed there.  now working on the write up.   Sorry
for lateness.  Im So pumped about upcoming travels!

John

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 11:54:52 -0700, Ge Wang wrote
> Greetings Team SLOrk-China!
>
> Updates!
> ---
> - for those of you who don't know yet, John Granzow will be joining
> us; the fellowship is complete! - as of last week, general budget
> has been approved!
>
> Action Item #1: Booking Travel
> ---
> now that budget is settled, it's time to book travel;  first, we'll
> need to figure out actual dates for everyone (and any special needs)
> ---
> * proposed deadline: end of this week
> * please edit this google spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/QApd3o
> * I've tentatively put down some dates, please add/adjust by end of
> day tomorrow; * except for Rob and Kitty, the rest of us are
> tentatively leaving between 6/7 and 6/9 (let's see what ticket
> options are like first) * Nette and Kitty will facilitate!  let's
> start looking at flight options (let's aim for direct flights from
> SFO to PEK on United or Air China);  we'll plan on actually booking
> on Thursday/Friday * I will be hanging/working in China through
> August; for anyone who wants to stay beyond our seminar, I'm
> definitely down to work together/chill/party, do additional
> performances, and travel to other parts of China (I'll endeavor to
> be your guide to the more authentic elements of China and culture).
> We'll figure out logistics of that separately...
>
> * let me know if you have questions;  also feel free to post
> questions and discussions to this list (list members: rob, spencer,
>  nette, kitty, hana, alex, madeline, romain, john, ge)
>
> Action Item #2: "proposal" and bio
> ---
> * proposed deadline: end of this week
> * as per our seminar description, we'll need "proposals" from you...
> http://scpku.stanford.edu/working/seminars_wang_summer2014.html
> * this is obviously more of a formality, but it will be good to
> have: please send me a 1-2 paragraph proposal outlining your
> interest in music and technology (in general), and a 1 paragraph bio
> (the latter we'll use in program notes and documentation)
>
> The next action item will be visas... let's worry about that next week.
>
> Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!  Let's rock!
>
> Ge!

CCRMA, Stanford University