[sfbay-supercollider-users] Save the date! 10/3

Colin Sullivan colin at colin-sullivan.net
Wed Oct 5 11:43:37 PDT 2016

Hey all,

Here are some of the resources I showed on Monday.  I'm happy to discuss
further!

supercolliderjs <https://github.com/crucialfelix/supercolliderjs>: for
communicating between a Node.js and SuperCollider process

Instructions for building SuperCollider on a raspberrypi:
http://supercollider.github.io/development/building-raspberrypi.html

Satellite CCRMA, a Linux distribution for RaspberryPi with many computer
music things installed
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~eberdahl/Satellite/

Regarding the "Interface Builder", looks like perhaps it was OS X only
which is why it was removed?

OS X specific:

Jack for OS X: Route audio between applications
http://www.jackosx.com/
http://jackaudio.org/downloads/

Soundflower: Another way to route audio between applications (perhaps
easier to use)
https://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/soundflower/

Loopback: Rogue Amoeba's new product for audio routing (Let me know if you
try this!)
https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/

For routing MIDI, OS X has a built-in method:
http://www.johanlooijenga.com/tools/12-virtual-ports.html

and the old school MidiPipe application (still works!):
http://www.subtlesoft.square7.net/MidiPipe.html

Colin