[PlanetCCRMANews] support for Fedora 20!

Thu Dec 19 13:55:04 PST 2013

[do not reply to planetccrmanews!, that's only for posting news...]

Hi all, ho ho ho...
The first batch of packages built for Fedora 20 is available!

This morning I built the first 3.12.x rt patched kernel, just in time
for this "release". It is based on the latest Koji build for fc20 and
3.12.5-rt7. Thoroughly tested. Just kidding. It boots and seems to work
nicely in one (1) laptop, my T61 test machine (which I upgraded
yesterday with fedup). Hopefully it will be as good as the 3.10.x series
has been (which has been superb in my experience).

Pointers to the repositories are, as usual, in the web page at:
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Start by installing the Planet CCRMA yum repositories as indicated.

Some packages are missing, but not that many. One notable absence is
pd-extended (newer version!). Its lua code in pdlua.c is not compatible
with lua 5.2 which is what ships with Fedora 20. A patch would be most
welcomec!

Let me know if there is anything you need that was there in 19 and seems
to be missing in 20.
Enjoy!
-- Fernando

PS: missing: gmorgan, pd-*, latest version of faust and assorted toys.
Some stuff missing also in 19 but nobody complained: cheesetracker,
fweelin, zyn, etc.

PS2: think about helping Brendan and all others by packaging or helping
package audio software in Fedora: