[PlanetCCRMANews] the Planet starts to land on Fedora 8

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano planetccrma at ccrma.stanford.edu
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:08:42 -0800

Hi all... I first cut at the core components of Planet CCRMA for i386
(lightly tested) and x86_64 (not tested). For risk takers only :-)

[you can always keep making music using Fedora 7, right?]

Instructions in the website here:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installplaneteight.html

So far:

- kernel-rt based on 2.6.23.1 plus Ingo's rt11 (and most of the current
Fedora patches). Ancient firewire stack instead of juju.
- libraw1394 un'jujued
- rtirq
- alsa-tools
- alsa-firmware
- souped up jack-audio-connection-kit

More details in the release notes at the end of the install section.
I'll start with the applications build marathon tomorrow.
Enjoy!
-- Fernando