[PlanetCCRMANews] For Newbie: Better to use Fedora 7? ISO respins for Fedora 7?

Chuck Cooper planetccrma at ccrma.stanford.edu
Sun, 09 Dec 2007 23:03:30 +0000

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_20543_1197241410_0

There seem to be lots of (understandable, temporary) glitches with the very new Fedora 8 Planet stuff. Would it be easier for a newbie (me) to start with Fedora 7 and the Fedora 7 version of Planet?

Meanwhile, the ISO re-spins of Fedora 7 seem to have been replaced by some kind of "jigdo" stuff which I'd like not to learn about.. Only Fedora 8 is still available as a nice ISO image at FedoraProject.org  .   Anybody know of a place to get a cleanly updated monolithic Fedora 7?  DiscountLinuxDVD.com does sell that for a pittance and seemed nice when I ordered Fedora 8.  But now that I know how to download an ISO (wow), it seems odd that I can't just download a monolithic Fedora 7 without some scary-looking jigdo file that probably needs Linux already running to do its thing...

Thanks to the Planet/Linux mavens who helped with my earlier batch of basic questions.

Chuck Cooper
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_20543_1197241410_0

<DIV>There seem to be lots of (understandable, temporary) glitches with the very new Fedora 8 Planet stuff.&nbsp;Would it be easier for a newbie (me) to start with Fedora 7 and the Fedora 7 version of Planet?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Meanwhile, the ISO&nbsp;re-spins of Fedora 7&nbsp;seem to have been&nbsp;replaced by some kind of "jigdo" stuff which I'd like not to learn about.. Only Fedora 8 is still available as a nice ISO image at FedoraProject.org&nbsp; .&nbsp;&nbsp; Anybody know of a place to get a cleanly updated monolithic Fedora 7?&nbsp; DiscountLinuxDVD.com does sell that for a pittance and&nbsp;seemed nice when I ordered Fedora 8.&nbsp; But now that I know how to download an ISO (wow), it seems odd that I can't just download a monolithic&nbsp;Fedora 7 without some scary-looking jigdo file that probably needs Linux already running&nbsp;to do its thing...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks to the Planet/Linux mavens who helped with my earlier batch of basic questions.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chuck Cooper</DIV></body></html>

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_20543_1197241410_0--