[PlanetCCRMANews] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA X FC5 Extras packages

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano planetccrma@ccrma.stanford.edu
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:02:27 -0700

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 23:03 -0300, luciorgomes wrote:
> There are some packages that are available in ccrma and fc5
> extras repositories (alsa, jack, qjackctl, rosegarden4, dssi).
> Yumex shows the extras packages as updates. Are they updated
> versions or must I have avoid the extras repo packages?

AFAIK extras packages should be fine. Some Planet CCRMA packages are
slowly migrating over to extras (qjackctl is one I just had built
there). If there's a problem we should know about it and a bug should be
filed in extras...

The only problem could be packages in extras that shadow Planet CCRMA
packages and that were last built before jack was incorporated into
extras and may lack support for it. That should be a bug in extras, or
at least a feature request.

-- Fernando