[PlanetCCRMANews] some FC3 notes

Dave Phillips planetccrma@ccrma.stanford.edu
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:21:43 -0400

Greetings:

  I've installed the FC3 system from Planet CCRMA on my laptop.
Everything looks good so far, except for a few notable problems.

    1. 'apt-get dist-upgrade' always fails with "E: Error while running
transaction"

    2. Firefox and Thunderbird won't run under Blackbox 0.70 (not a
Planet C problem, but a real pain anyway)

    3. The system wants to install the @$^&ing snd-nm256 module every
time I boot.

  I can work around problem #1 by using Synaptic and going through the
marked upgrades a few at a time. Problem #2 apparently has to wait for a
development fix. Hopefully I've resolved problem #3 by adding snd-nm256
to /etc/hotplug/blacklist.

  As Fernando knows, I'll have more to say later... :)

Best regards,

dp