[PlanetCCRMA] OSC messages & network

oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jun 27 04:34:23 PDT 2018

hello,
I'm having problem receiving OSC messages into SC from another computer.
I have a hunch the problem is in network configurations rather then SC
itself. So I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards finding the
problem.
Both computers are connected to the same wifi network.
We are both able to ping each other
I am able to send OSC messages from SC to his (Windows machine)
I unblocked port 6030 on my machine (FC27, cinnamon desktop) on firewall
settings

I'm defining a NetAddress and then using it for and OSC function:
n = NetAddr("192.168.10.96", 6030); //this is my IP address
o = OSCdef(\test, {|msg, time, addr, recvPort| msg.postln}, '/vvvv', n);

I don'g get any messages in.
(I tried OSCfunc as well)

any suggestions?