[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 28 Status

Sun Jul 29 14:58:25 PDT 2018

On 06/27/2018 09:59 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On 06/27/2018 06:51 AM, S C Rigler wrote:
>> Hello all,
>
>> Just an obligatory "when will the latest version of Fedora be
>> supported"?
>
> Thanks for the reminder...
> I'll try to get started this week :-)

And of course I could not. Super busy finishing a paper on my Ambisonics
microphone project.

I finally got some time last week (Thursday) and then found out that
Fedora 28 and above have new features in rpm/dnf that the host on which
I have my build environment running (SL7 or CentOS7) does not support.
So builds fail. It took me a while to diagnose why they were failing,
and finally found out that I'm not alone in this.

I tried a few workarounds on Friday, with no luck. Looks like I will
have to set up a new "builder" machine running Fedora 28 (my build
system is a Koji instance in a virtual machine, Koji is the build system
that Fedora uses).

Sigh. Never ever easy...
Hopefully I will have a build environment this week.