[PlanetCCRMA] puredata

Tue Feb 27 15:43:03 PST 2018

On 02/27/2018 01:49 PM, Nikos Roussos wrote:
> February 27, 2018 11:05 PM, "Fernando Lopez-Lezcano" <nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> On 02/27/2018 05:49 AM, Nikos Roussos wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I see puredate is missing from the f27 repo. Is there a plan for building it?
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of trying to rebuild the f26 package and see how this works.
>>
>> There is a plan but no time to execute it :-<
>>
>> Actually John Dulaney got it to build, see here:
>> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=24050475
>
> Thanks, for the quick reply.
>
> I also managed to build it successfully, at least for x86_64
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=25346560
> I was based on planet ccrma f26 srpm.

I managed to build it on f27 but I had to switch off the generation of
debuginfo packages. I was getting a weird error about leftover files
related to debug packages:

----
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
    /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/pd-0.47.1-1.fc27.ccrma.x86_64.debug.#dwz#.g4HOVD
     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
    /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/pd-0.47.1-1.fc27.ccrma.x86_64.debug.#dwz#.g4HOVD
Child return code was: 1
----

I wanted to really debug this but I just turned off debuginfo package
generation in the spec file (a hack), no time for proper debugging - I
now remember hitting this and then being unable to find out _why_ this
was happening.

> I'll try to to update it to 0.48

I tried as well a while back (when I first tried to rebuild for f27),
but the patches that I borrowed from the Debian build no longer apply,
so that is going to be presumably a lot more work.

Best,