[PlanetCCRMA] State of Fedora 26 repo

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sat Oct 21 13:39:51 PDT 2017

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017, Yury Bulka wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I haven't posted here before, but after reading this list for a while
> I have an impression that we seem to expect too much work from a
> single person (Fernando) - providing -rt packages of the kernel,
> maintaining planeccrma repos, as well as maintaining fedora packages for
> supercollider and a whole bunch of other software...
>
> I'm thinking that maybe we could somehow distribute this work?
>
> For instance by trying to move *some* of the packages (like
> supercollider) from planetccrma to main fedora repos?
>
> How hard may that be? Is there anything about, say, supercollider, that
> would not allow it to be included in main fedora?

Several packages that used to be part of PlanetCCRMA are now part of the
normal Fedora repos already. Due to, among others, Fedora's strict
licencing policy not all PlanetCCRMA packages could/can be moved to
Fedora though.

Fernando does a tremendous job maintaining the PlanetCCRMA packages. I
totally agree that it would be great if he got some help from others.

--

MT