[PlanetCCRMA] question about the freeverb algorithm

Chandra, Arun arunchandra1954 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 10:25:37 PDT 2017

hi,

I'm trying to implement the freeverb algorithm for my students, and I've
got a question about the magnitude of the variables.

In particular, I'm referring to the web page:
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/pasp/Freeverb.html

for each of the eight low-pass/comb filters, the variables are :

	LBCF .84, .2 1557
	LBCF .84, .2 1617
	[etc]

I'm guessing that .84 refers to the gain on the comb filters, and the
0.2 refers to the gain on the lowpass filter, and 1557 is the length of
the delay line.

Is this correct?  and, if 1557 is the length of the delay in samples,
for what sampling rate was this length chosen?

Thanks for your help,

Arun Chandra
arunchandra1954 at gmail.com