[PlanetCCRMA] equipment questions once more

Thomas Cipierre thomas.cipierre at hotmail.fr
Sat Mar 25 22:40:07 PDT 2017

Hi Bernardo,

Are you recommending `Intel HD graphics`, or suggesting to avoid them?
Sorry if it was not clear but I would definitely recommend Intel HD graphics.

Are all RME sound-cards class compliant, including the multi-channel ones?
Sadly not all RME have a class compliant mode – it’s a recent feature and I still have to struggle with ffado with my old fireface 800. I’ve only tested the Babyface Pro, but since you asked, I’ve just looked at the RME website and it seems that all new devices have a class compliant mode : Fireface UFX+, UFX II, UFX, UCX, 802, Babyface, Babyface Pro and MADIface Pro. So that should be the case, which is brilliant! However, you should be warned that you can’t use TotalMix Fx in CC mode (even if it’s apparently exclusively working with the Ipad app, so maybe that might be tweakable…).