[PlanetCCRMA] [PlanetCCRMANews] fedora 27: kernel-rt and supercollider

Tue Dec 19 10:34:48 PST 2017

On 12/19/2017 02:47 AM, Yoann LE BARS wrote:

> Hello everybody out there!
>
> On 12/19/2017 08:31 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> Rats, looks like 4.13.15 still has that symbol problem.
>
> 	Then it comes from the kernel, this is what I have concluded.

Yes, the kernel has a symbol that is used by the NVidia driver and has
been flagged as "GPL only" which means it cannot be used by the driver,
so the compilation fails.

>> I'm in the process of creating a 4.14.x RT patched kernel. Hopefully
>> that will not have this problem but I don't know. I have not had time to
>> search for this on the Internet... The x86_64 part of the build
>> finished, now I'm waiting for the i686 (so good chance of success).
>
> 	Can I provide any help?

Well, the kernel did build and I just installed it in my test laptop
(sorry, no Nvidia card in that one so I can't test that part). It was a
"scratch" build so now I'm building for real and will release later it
today. Cross fingers...

Best,