[PlanetCCRMA] Future of puredata in PlanetCCRMA

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Thu Mar 31 09:43:50 PDT 2016

Hi Fernando,

> I'll package something of course, obviously vanilla pd first and then
> extensions as needed.

That's great! Thank you in advance!!

> Do you have a pointer to a current good list of
> packages that should be available? Maybe pointers to Debian?

In Debian you have these packages:

puredata - realtime computer music and graphics system
puredata-core - realtime computer music and graphics system - core components
puredata-dev - realtime computer music and graphics system - development files
puredata-doc - realtime computer music and graphics system - documentation
puredata-extra - realtime computer music and graphics system - extra files
puredata-gui - realtime computer music and graphics system - GUI
puredata-import - Pd object for loading libraries within a patch
puredata-utils - realtime computer music and graphics system - utility programs
deken - Externals wrangler for Pure Data - upload utility
multimedia-puredata - Packages for working with Pure Data
pd-deken - Externals wrangler for Pure Data

Where puredata-extras bundles:

bob~
bonk~
choice
complex-mod~
expr~
expr
fexpr~
fiddle~
hilbert~
import
loop~
lrshift~
sigmund~
pd~
pique
rev1~
rev2~
rev3~
stdout

And here's the list of packaged externals:

pd-3dp - openGL extensions for PDP
pd-arraysize - Pd object to report the size of an array
pd-aubio - aubio external for PureData
pd-bassemu - a Pd object for transistor bass emulation
pd-beatpipe - realtime scheduler/event-delay/quantizer object for Pd
pd-boids - a Pd library for the "boids" flocking simulator algorithm
pd-bsaylor - library of FFT-based Pd objects by Ben Saylor
pd-comport - Pd object for reading and writing to serial ports
pd-csound - Csound external for PureData
pd-cxc - Pd library for working with patterns and numbers
pd-cyclone - Pd library of clones of Max/MSP 4.5 objects
pd-earplug - binaural filter based on KEMAR impulse measurement for Pd
pd-ekext - Pd objects for music information retrieval and polyphony control
pd-ext13 - a collection of file and message objects for Pd by dieb13
pd-fftease - live spectral sound processors for Pd
pd-flite - Speech synthesis for Pd
pd-freeverb - studio-quality Schroeder/Moorer reverb as a Pd object
pd-hcs - a Pd library of experiments in UNIX, the Pd GUI, and more
pd-hid - Pd object for getting data from USB HID devices
pd-iemambi - Pd-objects for Ambisonics sound spatialization
pd-iemlib - collection of general purpose objects and filters for Pure Data
pd-iemmatrix - Pd-objects for simple matrix operations
pd-jmmmp - a collection of Pd GUI objects for musical performance
pd-libdir - provides support for the libdir library format for Pd
pd-list-abs - a library of list operations for Pd
pd-lua - lua bindings for Pure Data
pd-lyonpotpourri - potpourri of Pd objects for synthesizing with audio
pd-mapping - Pd library for creatively mapping data
pd-markex - Pd library of misc objects from Mark Danks
pd-maxlib - Pd library for analysing musical performance
pd-mjlib - library of Pd objects for composing music
pd-moonlib - library of Pd objects related to GUI control
pd-motex - a random collection of Pd objects by Iain Mott
pd-osc - Open Sound Control for Pd
pd-pan - library of stereo panning algorithms for Pd
pd-pddp - support library for the Pure Data Documentation Project
pd-pdogg - collection of Ogg/Vorbis objects for Pd
pd-pdp - Graphics system for Pd
pd-pdstring - Pd-objects for string manipulation
pd-plugin - LADSPA and VST plug-in hosting for Pd
pd-pmpd - physical modeling library for Pd
pd-purepd - a library of standard objects re-implemented using Pd-vanilla
pd-readanysf - Pd object for reading multiple audio file formats
pd-sigpack - signal processing effects library for Pd
pd-smlib - Pd library for mapping DSP data to controls
pd-vbap - Pd library for Vector Base Amplitude Panning spatialization
pd-wiimote - Pd object for accessing the wiimote controller
pd-windowing - library of windowing functions in Pd
pd-zexy - General Purpose addon library for Pd
pd-chaos - Pd library for calculating various chaotic attractors
pd-cmos - digital logic emulator objects for Pure Data (Pd)
pd-creb - Tom's bag of trick for Pure Data (Pd)
pd-deken - Externals wrangler for Pure Data
pd-extendedview - toolkit for panoramic image creation and projection mapping
pd-ggee - Pd library of GUI controls, synths, filters, and more
pd-gil - Geometry Interaction Library for Pure Data / Gem
pd-hexloader - enable Pd-objects with funny characters
pd-iem - Pure Data - the IEM flavour
pd-iemguts - Pd-Objects for meta patching
pd-iemnet - Pd library for low-level networking (IEM implementation)
pd-iemtab - Pd-objects for table manipulation
pd-iemutils - collection of general purpose objects for Pure Data
pd-kollabs - data management and state saving for Pure Data
pd-log - small Pure Data library for logging
pd-mediasettings - programmatically modify the audio and MIDI settings
from within Pd
pd-mrpeach - bag of tricks for Pure Data (Pd)
pd-mrpeach-net - Pd library for low-level networking
pd-nusmuk - random collection of useful Pd objects
pd-pduino - interfacing with the Arduino from within Pure Data (Pd)
pd-puremapping - Pd library for complex data mappings
pd-purest-json - Pd library for working with JSON data and RESTful webservices
pd-rtclib - Real Time Composition Library for Pure Data (Pd)
pd-slip - SLIP encoder/decoder for Pure Data (Pd)
pd-syslog - syslog facilities for Pd
pd-tclpd - Tcl objects for Pure Data (Pd)
pd-testtools - unit test framework for Pure Data (Pd)
pd-unauthorized - library of Pd objects for streaming and GUI control
pd-xbee - interfacing with your XBee from within Pure Data (Pd)

Yes, I know these are a lot of packages, sorry ;-)

Kind regards,
Felix