[PlanetCCRMA] CentOS

Tony White twhite at operamail.com
Mon Oct 13 06:31:16 PDT 2014

Hi Ljubomir,
Donald Stevens posted the following to the list a few months ago and I
can confirm it works for me. I was able to get kernel-rt and a bunch of
audio apps running on CentOS 7 using his method.

Tom,

I'll leave it to others to speak to Centos5, but I can share that I've
got CCRMA at Home working perfectly on the newly released Centos 7.  The
key is that Centos 7 is built mostly on Fedora 19 and everything I've
installed so far from CCRMA for Fedora 19 and Fedora 19 itself work
fine.

Here's how:

1.  Make sure epel is installed.  It's best also to add atrpms and
nux-dextop as they may be necessary for some codecs.  Make sure that
these .repos are not enabled and only enable them on the command line
when necessary.

====

2.  Add the following .repos to /etc/yum.repos.d

[ccrma-core]
name=CCRMA Core Fedora 19 - x86_64
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/19/x86_64/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

[ccrma]
name=CCRMA Fedora 19 - x86_64
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/19/x86_64/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

[fedora]
name=Fedora 19 - x86_64
baseurl=http://mirror.umd.edu/fedora/linux/releases/19/Everything/x86_64/os/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

NOTE: if the
http://mirror.umd.edu/fedora/linux/releases/19/Everything/x86_64/os/
link doesn't work, choose another mirror.

====

3.  For CCRMA core apps: # yum install --enablerepo=ccrma-core
--enablerepo=fedora nameofapp
     For CCRMA apps: # yum install --enablerepo=ccrma
--enablerepo=fedora nameofapp
     For Fedora apps (eg. audacity): yum install --enablerepo=fedora
nameofapp

====

That's it!  Hope it's helpful.

Don

Hopefully this is both relevant and helpful to you.

Kind regards,
Tony
--
  Tony White