[PlanetCCRMA] help with compiling

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Oct 4 07:29:11 PDT 2014

Hello,
I am trying to compile SCMIR (Music Information Retrieval library for Supercollider) and running into problems. Unfortunately Nick Collins (the author of said library) isn't a linux user.
When I try to make I get an error message
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib64/libgsl.a', needed by `gmm'.

There is a libgsl.so there. I never used cmake (and the last time I used makefiles was ~15 years ago). Does anyone know if I can just try to find where this is specified and change it to .so (how do I find that?) or would it be simpler to try and install the .a version?
Thanks
Oded