[PlanetCCRMA] vlc & jack problem

Mon Feb 17 15:28:10 PST 2014

On 02/17/2014 01:03 PM, Oded Ben-Tal wrote:
> Thanks that solved it for vlc (jack wasn't showing under audio devices but I
> found it under preferences). Still no idea about PA or how to get firefox to
> play through JACK...

For firefox and desktop sounds to play you have to start a PA plugin
that handles jack i/o. Then you can select jack in the audio control
panel and after that it should play anything that happens system-wide
(like browsers, system sounds, etc).

I think the commands were:

pacmd load-module module-jack-sink
pacmd load-module module-jack-source

This guide tells you what to do to make this permanent (you probably
don't want to make it permanent).
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Musicians_Guide/sect-Musicians_Guide-Integrating_PulseAudio_with_JACK.html

-- Fernando