[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt for armv7hl

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Mon Sep 23 23:56:21 PDT 2013

> I'm on a trip now but last week I managed to get some build
> infrastructure done for building packages on arm (for now targeted at
> pidora 18 for the raspberrypi). I built a kernel from the raspberrypi
> git kernel repository, but so far without the rt patch.
>
> A comment: on my laptop (Lenovo T510) I have see very infrequent freezes
> with 3.10.x + rt, regretfully I do not have a serial console attached
> and they leave no traces behind... This did not happen with 3.8.x + rt.
>
> -- Fernando

It would be nice to get 3.10 + rt working.  Thanks for digging into it everyone!

I've been playing for a short time(ok, maybe long enough to cobble together an I/O card;) with the Pi,
and since late May with a pair of BBBs(makeshift cape there too).

I've been playing with Debian, Angstrom, and Fedora, not to mention quite a bit of LinuxCNC on the Black.
It's nice to see Fedora moving into the Arm stuff, though I wish they would embrace the Real Time Kernel.

Anyway, I'm having fun when I'm not pulling my hair out ;).