[PlanetCCRMA] rt session permissions

Simon Lewis simon.lewis at slnet-online.de
Mon Oct 28 11:25:57 PDT 2013

Hallo FGPkeys

The following is at your own risk, I can only say it works on my fc19
installation. I was hoping planetCCRMA would make a proper package for this.

If you looking for an automatic installation that not only installs the
files in the right location, but also runs the necessary scripts after
installation / before de-installation then the easiest way is to build a
rpm file from the spec file attached in my original e-mail.

The steps are as follows:

In a terminal such as Konsole:

su

  yum groupinstall "RPM Development Tools"

exit

rpmdev-setuptree

exit

Use file manager such dolphin or krusader to copy all files attached in
my original e-mail (except the spec file) to the following folder in you
home directory...

/rpmbuild/SOURCES/

Copy the spec file to the following folder in you home directory...

/rpmbuild/SPECS/

To build an installable rpm you need to involk rpmbuild in the terminal
from the folder where the spec file is to be found. The easiest way is
to navigate to /rpmbuild/SPECS/ in krusader and press the F2 function
key. In the terminal enter...

rpmbuild -ba rt-permissions-session.spec

Then in krusader navigate to /rpmbuild/RPMS/noarch in you home directory
to find the rpm you have just built.

To install the file press F2 in krusader and enter the following
commands in the terminal...

su

yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
rt-permissions-session-20130519-1.sl.fc19.noarch.rpm

exit

exit

With a little luck all should be installed and the scripts run. To check
the installation run the following commands from a terminal...

cat /proc/sys/dev/hpet/max-user-freq

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

cat /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches

cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq

Good luck, Simon