[PlanetCCRMA] Saffire Pro14 anyone?

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Oct 5 08:16:20 PDT 2013

hello,
I am trying to get a focusrite saffire pro14 to work on my machine (running
FC17 version of the planet) without success. On the ffado website the pro14 is
listed as experimental but the suggestion is that it is working. I get
absolutely nothing. Using fwdiag tool I noticed this error message:
=====> ffado-test Discover
00475070085: Fatal (devicemanager.cpp)[ 191] initialize: No firewire adapters
(ports) found.
Could not initialize device manager

There are two firewire adapters (Ricoh & TI) and I am able to plug an older
focusrite into the TI one and get it to work.

Any ideas?