[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour3-3.1.10

Simon Lewis simon.lewis at slnet-online.de
Mon May 20 10:35:52 PDT 2013

Hi Martin

I had a flash drive for test purposes which was already GPT partitioned
with:

1 MiB Ext2 for BootBios
256 MiB Ext4 for /boot
17 GiB Ext4 for /
40 GiB Ext for /home

The installation was straight forward, only needing to reformat each
partition - the only annoyance was that  I didn't have a chance to
change the localname.localnetwork to something useful.

The installer detected the BootBios partition and installed Grub2 correctly.

There were no additional options for SSD or flash drives. I manually
added "noatime" and 'discard' to the fstab entries for /,  /boot and
/home partitions afterwards.

Also, I created  "60-schedulers.rules" and "60-vm.swappiness.conf" as
follows and then run "grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg"

With best regards, Simon

#
# /etc/udev/rules.d/60-schedulers.rules
#

# set deadline scheduler for non-rotating disks
ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="sd[a-z]", ATTR{queue/rotational}=="0",
ATTR{queue/scheduler}="deadline"

# set cfq scheduler for rotating disks
ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="sd[a-z]", ATTR{queue/rotational}=="1",
ATTR{queue/scheduler}="cfq"

#
# /etc/sysctl.d/60-vm.swappiness.conf
#
# After installation run "/sbin/sysctl -p
/etc/sysctl.d/60-vm.swappiness.conf"
# Before removal run "/sbin/sysctl -w vm.swappiness=60"
#
# To check status use "cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness"
#

vm.swappiness=10
vm.vfs_cache_pressure=50