[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour3-3.1.10

Simon Lewis simon.lewis at slnet-online.de
Mon May 20 09:38:35 PDT 2013

Hi Sean

To be honest I never made the upgrade to fc18 as fc17 was working very
well and I had a very stable system. However, the workload of
backporting libraries, etc. (with new APIs needed for the latest and
greatest audio apps) has rocketed, therefore I need to make a switch to
a newer system. Fc18 is already reached it's half-life and thus I tried
out fc19. The standard 3.9.x kernel is flaky, but the 3.8.13-201.rt8
kernel built on fc19 is absolutely rock solid, I've been using the
3.8.4-rt2 as well as the 3.8.12.rt6 for the last 3 weeks, without any
problems and jackd has never run so well on my old cheapo laptop.

With best regards, Simon