[PlanetCCRMA] 3.8.13-201.rt8 also builds and runs very smoothly on fc19 alpha

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Sun May 19 15:52:51 PDT 2013

Mostly to do as much testing on the Fedora Jam respin as possible.
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5395297,

I have two projects going - algorithmic composition / synthesis and
computational journalism. The CompJourno stuff is running fine on
Fedora 19, and my laptop will stay at 18 until 19 is in beta and maybe
until it's released.

How much work is it to rebuild Planet CCRMA for 19? The only things I
use heavily that aren't in Fedora itself are the Lisp-based tools
(Common Music, especially) and Pure Data.

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On 05/19/2013 03:08 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>
>> I'm about to switch my workstation from Fedora 18 to 19. It's
>> dual-booted now but everything I'm doing works with 19 now so I don't
>> see any reason not to go with 19.
>

> Any particular reason why you are migrating to fc19 so early?
> I have not even given thought to rebuilding the Planet CCRMA packages for it
> yet...
>
> -- Fernando
>

>> On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Simon Lewis
>> <simon.lewis at slnet-online.de>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Nice work Fernando, I've never known the rt kernel to be so good...
>>>
>>> Am 19.05.2013 17:37, schrieb Sean Beeson:
>>>

>>> 3.8.13-201.rt8.1.fc18.ccrma.i686.rtPAE

>>>   Thanks for dropping a note about it. My machine got updated with
>>> 3.8.13-201.rt8.1.fc18.ccrma.i686.rtPAE with a lot of other cool
>>> updates/features for other things too.
>>>
>>> The resume/suspend is working really well for me as well.
>>>
>>> Sean

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers Workbench
http://j.mp/CompJournBench/

Get out of the building - and don't come back till you have the order!