[PlanetCCRMA] RT vs standard Fedora kernel

Mon Aug 26 12:27:38 PDT 2013

On 08/26/2013 02:38 AM, selva kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed kernel-rt 3.0.17-1.rt33.1.fc16.ccrma,kernelfrom Fedora 16.
> I have installed kernel-devel,tools,libs.but it does not contain kernel
> headers.for example rtl.h is not available.so i am not able to build kernel
> pthread programmes.what can i do?.

The kernel headers for the rt patched kernel can be added by installing
kernel-rt-devel.

However, I doubt this is what you are looking for. Are you trying to use
RTL (RT-Linux)? The rt patches that are part of the Planet CCRMA real
time kernels have nothing to do with that. RTL is a separate project (a
hard realtime microkernel that runs the whole Linux environment as one
process).