[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt latency issues

Bob Wilkinson wilkinson.bob at comcast.net
Wed Nov 7 10:24:01 PST 2012

I apologise for the blank reply, I hit the wrong button.

At any rate, while the super-optimized version would be a nice niche, the fact is that I, like you Nando, use mine for a multitude of things - not just audio.  The compatibility is an acceptable compromise for an increase in some latency.

Later on in life, if I were to have a PC dedicated to recording, sitting in a studio and never left, then a super-optimized kernel would be ideal, but would it actually improve anything functionally?  With the speeds the modern multicore processors are running and the throughput the latest i/o is capable of, I doubt the improvement would be meaningful.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile