[PlanetCCRMA] /dev/snd/seq access control list & verbose jack

Thu May 31 14:15:00 PDT 2012

Hi, just starting to test a new install of Fedora 17 (and releasing the
Planet CCRMA packages for it as well :-)

I find that out of the box /dev/snd/seq does not get the acl updated to
include the user currently logged in. That is happening for the pcm
files in /dev/snd. The end result is that Qjackctl complains (as it did
in Fedora 11!) that it can't use the ALSA sequencer interface.

Which Fedora component should I file a bug against? (udev?)

I also noticed that jack is starting by default in verbose mode and
there seems to be no way to silence its output to the default (--silence
has no effect). There is a thread about this (without a resolution) in
LAU. Any clues on what might be happening?