[PlanetCCRMA] building Ardour3

Michael E. Smith melkhorn at gmx.de
Mon May 28 03:36:16 PDT 2012

Hello there,

In the interest of testing and bug reporting, I'm trying to build
ardour3 from source.

Right now versions of lilv (>=0.14.0 required, 0.5.0 installed), and
indirectly lv2 (>=1.0.0 required, can't tell from yumex vis-a-vis
lv2core what's installed), are too old. In the meantime I'll probably
build those from source as well, but are there plans to update those in
the ccrma repositories or are we at the mercy of the greater fedora
community?

Also, What exactly is the relationship between numbered versions of
lv2core and lv2?

Finally, I normally use yumex to affect package management, but there I
can't see something akin to synaptic's 'properties' tab to see what
files (and versions of same!) are associated/installed with which
packages. Is there a convenient way, via yumex or yum to see such info?

Thanks,

Michael