[PlanetCCRMA] wineasio and 32-bit jack question

Wed May 16 14:34:28 PDT 2012

On 05/05/2012 05:39 PM, craig stephenson wrote:
>   Hello.  I ran into a snag trying to build wineasio on 64-bit Fedora
> 16, and according to a developer on the wineasio irc channel it's
> because I'm missing needed 32-bit jack libraries (not a wine issue as
> I assumed) , i.e. /usr/lib/libjack* .   What would be the best package
> or source for the files short of doing a custom jack build?  Any
> pointers would be greatly appreciated.

The Jack libraries should be available for i686 on x86_64 installs. Just
install the i686 package...

Note: the current jack on fc16 is not built with the 32/64 compatibility
flag - i386 clients on an x86_64 system will not work correctly. The
latest Fedora 17 build has that, but I don't think that has been
released for Fedora 16 (maybe it will?).