[PlanetCCRMA] GUI Issues with Dell Vostro

Peter Adamson pga at rochma.com
Fri Mar 30 09:25:15 PDT 2012

Thanks to all for the advice. I was under the impression that there was
just Gnome and KDE. I have now installed XFCE and although there are
some quirks, I would still give it a decent ranking compared to what's
out there on Linux, Windows and Mac. I am using F16 so I'll just wait
for the next RT kernel be it F16 or a later version. I have so much to
learn about this thing it will keep me busy without needing the RT
kernel. I now understand when it is important to have low latency and
when it does not matter much. As I am recording alone one track at a
time, I should be ok.

When I get back to the RT kernel, if it freezes, I may be asking for
advice again! ;o)

Cheers,
Peter