[PlanetCCRMA] new fc16 rt kernel, 3.2.9-rt15

Mark Knoop mark at opus11.net
Sun Mar 4 13:07:54 PST 2012

At 10:07 on 04 Mar 2012, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>On 03/04/2012 01:27 AM, Mark Knoop wrote:

>>> Hmm, yes, I saw a problem with my test laptop last night after
>>> testing 3.2.9, I got a panic on shutdown (which I had not seen
>>> before, I think). I was about to go home so I did not try to
>>> document it and submit a bug report.
>>>
>>> Did you see a kernel panic as well? Or just hangs?
>>
>> Hi, yes I'm seeing these problems too on shutdown.
>>
>> 3.2.7-1.rt13 hangs for a while (1-2 minutes) with no output then
>> eventually shuts down fine (from Sending SIGTERM to all running
>> tasks...)
>>
>> 3.2.9-rt15 I get a panic on shutdown, the details scroll offscreen
>> but it looks like a general protection fault. What's the best way to
>> debug this?
>
>The best? It is complicated, the way to get this is to set up a serial
>console to another machine so you can catch the output of the panic
>message. A simpler one is to get a camera and take a picture :-) I'll
>do that on Monday with my test laptop.

A couple of photos from panics on shutdown with 3.2.9-rt15. The first is
after a standard graphical session, the second after booting into the
rescue target, plus manual removal of nearly all kernel modules.

http://imgpaste.com/0h15.jpg
http://imgpaste.com/zyFg.jpg

Hope this might give some clues. This is on a Dell Vostro 3350 i5.

--
Mark Knoop