[PlanetCCRMA] sced missing from Gedit plugins

Thu Jun 28 10:03:21 PDT 2012

On 06/28/2012 06:35 AM, Schindler, Allan wrote:

> I just upgraded my laptopfrom F15 to F16 using preupgrade, checked that
> Planet
> CCRMA and RPM Fusion repositories were still configured, and updated
> everything. Everything, including the 3.0.17-1.rt33.1.fc16 ccrma PAE
> kernel is
> running smoothly, EXCEPT for an odd problem -- I have lost sced
> functionality
> in gedit for editing/running SuperCollider. The sced plugin no longer
> appears
> in gedit's Preferences->Plugins list.
>
> SuperCollider runs fine with emacs (I get sound out).
> Packages supercollider, supercollider-gedit, supercollider-world (all
> version 3.4.5 release 1.fc16.ccrma) are installed.
> supercollider.lang file exists in
> /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs.
> supercollider.xml exists in /usr/share/mime/packages.
> The sced directory and the sced.gedit-plugin file both exist in
> /usr/lib/gedit-2/plugins
> In desperation I also tried copying these into ~/.local/share/gedit/plugins.
>
> (Other Sc packages installed include supercollider-libscsynth,
> supercollider-mathlib, supercollider-midifile, supercollider-redclasses,
> supercollider-reduniverse, supercollider-sclang, supercollider-vim,
> supercollider-ambiem, supercollider-bbcut2, supercollider-dewdrop,
> supercollider-emacs, supercollider-extras, supercollider-debuginfo,
> supercollider-bbcut2-debuginfo, supercollider-devel, supercollider-quarks,
> supercollider-redclasses-debuginfo.)
>
> One other anomoly, although probably unrelated: when opening Gedit, I
> get the
> Gtk error message
> Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
> although a yum check reveals:
> Package PackageKit-gtk-module-0.6.22-2.fc16.i686 already installed and
> latest version
>
> I have re-read all of the appropriate documentation I can find and
> googled for this
> sced issue, but can't find any references.
> I never ran into this issue before. After upgrades to Fedora 12,14 and 15 my
> recollection is that the sced plugin always appeared automatically without
> additional configuration or fussing.
>
> Have I missed something obvious? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you have missed anything, I think supercollider 3.4.x does
not support Gedit3 (which is what fc16 has). You would have to upgrade
to supercollider 3.5.x - that one is available from the planetccrma
testing repository in fc16 (install planetccrma-repo-testing to access
that) - I'm not 100% sure the upgrade will be fully automatic, you may
have to remove some package manually as the names and contents of
packages shifted (long story). Let me know how it goes.