[PlanetCCRMA] RT vs standard Fedora kernel

Sun Jan 29 10:18:36 PST 2012

On 01/29/2012 03:11 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am on Fedora 16.
> I have installed kernel-rt 3.0.17-1.rt33.1.fc16.ccrma and the normal
> kernel-3.2.2-1.fc16 from Fedora.
>
> If I boot with the RT kernel from PlanetCCRMA, start Jack (I use qjackctl
> for that) with RT enabled, and if I then start a synth like hexter or
> zynaddsubfx via the commandline, I am seeing a message that realtime
> scheduling is not allowed or something like that, but the thing does
> start. And I am getting a lot of xruns.

Could you try installing this?:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/16/i386/repoview/planetccrma-rt-permissions-all.html

   "yum install planetccrma-rt-permissions-all"

The required priority for the rt patched kernels is greater than the
default rt scheduling priority that the normal jack and kernel allows
and that is why it fails for you.

You will need to logout and login again after installing the package.
Hope it helps...

-- Fernando