[PlanetCCRMA] [Fedora-music-list] pulseaudio-1.1-3

Christopher R. Antila crantila at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 6 15:23:27 PST 2012

Hi Simon :

I've obviously never encountered anything like your use case. How is
it that it takes you 3-4 months to become productive in a
newly-installed Fedora release? It only takes me about 3-4
hours--clearly you're doing something time-consuming. My intuition
suggests you're probably compiling applications that aren't in the
Fedora or Planet CCRMA repositories... but a rolling release would
make this worse, because your applications would break at unexpected
times.

So to continue the solution-finding discussion, I have two questions:
1.) Why does it take you 3-4 months to be productive in a Fedora
release, and how could that be reduced to 5 minutes? Let's hear your
ideal situation, no matter how impractical it is (might be!)
2.) You suggested that "more packagers" isn't the only way to an
audio-production Fedora spin. What other strategies did you have in
mind? OpenSuse Build Service?

Christopher.