[PlanetCCRMA] FFADO on Fedora 16

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 24 07:06:01 PST 2012

Thanks Steve.

> IIRC, the old stack was removed around 2.9.36 or 2.9.37 so you can
> ignore the message about the new stack being experimental.

What's not clear to me now is, do I still need libraw1394 in order to
get FFADO working?.

When I hook my interface I see that it is being recognized immediately
and it is being assigned as '/dev/fw1' by 'firewire_core' on the system.
But, do I still need to blacklist 'firewire_ohci and firewire_core in
'/etc/modprobe.conf' ?

Any pointers on how can I use the new stack with Jack and FFADO?. I
can't seem to find relevant documentation at FFADO's website.

I've tried these jack commands with no success.

jackd -dfirewire -r44100 -p512 -n3
jackd -dfirewire -d/dev/fw1 -r44100 -p512 -n3

   --* Juan