[PlanetCCRMA] Installed Rt Kernel-Not detected by realtimeconfigquickscan

Fri Feb 3 10:22:31 PST 2012

On 02/02/2012 09:41 PM, scott riddle wrote:
> I've installed a realtime kernel:3.0.17-1.rt33.1.fc16.
> ccrma.x86_64.rt.  Firstly, I seem to get more xruns while measuring
> latency than I do with standard kernel.

What are you using to measure latency?

> Also, when I run
> realTimeConfigQuickScan, everything has been configured to read "good,
> except for it says no realtime kernel found, only a kernel with no
> realtime found.  But when I use the command /uname -a/ it prints the rt
> kernel version written above.  Any ideas.

Where does the realTimeConfigQuickScan toll come from? I would have to
look at it to see how it figures out if a kernel is rt patched or not.
It is very likely the program or script is old and is not using the new
configuration option name for rt in 3.x (CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL).

The kernel does include the rt33 patch.