[PlanetCCRMA] 3.0 rt kernel (rt18)

David Cornette david at davidcornette.com
Mon Oct 17 20:37:36 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 09:30:06AM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> they seemed to be better than the stock Fedora kernel. If you have rtirq
> installed everything should be automatically set for you (I hope :-) You

Not quite, actually.  If you are using firewire, you need to modify
/etc/sysconfig/rtirq.  Which reminds me, I meant to ask if I have done that
correctly.  I added ohci1394 to the RTIRQ_NAME_LIST line, like so:

RTIRQ_NAME_LIST="rtc ohci1394 snd usb i8042"

Do I need to change anything else?  Should it be added to RTIRQ_NON_THREADED?
I wouldn't think so, but I don't understand the purpose of it,or why snd would
be included in it.

David