[PlanetCCRMA] dssi-vst Fedora 15

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sun May 8 14:57:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying out Fedora 15 Beta. I can't get the available dssi-vst package
working. It worked fine fine in Fedora 14, but now I am getting only
crashes like this when I try to start a VST using the vsthost command:

--------8<---------

[m.tarenskeen at D600 VST]$ vsthost Phadiz\(P\).dll
Returning file identifiers: 4GQOWPsXZuqB2hIbUmbRVSn8
RemoteVSTClient: executing /usr/lib/dssi//dssi-vst/dssi-vst-server.exe -g
Phadiz(P).dll,4GQOWPsXZuqB2hIbUmbRVSn8
DSSI VST plugin server v0.986
Copyright (c) 2004-2010 Chris Cannam
dssi-vst-server[1]: found in ./Phadiz(P).dll
done
Testing VST compatibility...
dssi-vst-server[1]: VST 2.4 entrypoint "VSTPluginMain" not found in DLL
"Phadiz(P).dll", looking for "main"
dssi-vst-server[1]: VST entrypoint "main" found
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin instantiated
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin is a VST
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin has a GUI
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin supports processReplacing
ERROR: Remote VST startup failed: Failed to open FIFO
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address
0x6834a5c8 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Plugin server timed out on startup: No such device or address
vsthost: bailing out

Anyone what's wrong here ? Am I doing something wrong or should a bug be
reported/fixed somewhere ?

--

MT