[PlanetCCRMA] RME and alsa-tools, alsa-tools-gui

Yiannis Liverezas iliverez at gmail.com
Wed May 4 08:16:07 PDT 2011

I have the same issue with RME 9632. One of the problems by a fast scan
of the diff between the two versions is that the new version does not
include the ID for RME9632, so hdspmixer does not recognize the card.
Even if you add it and recompile hdspmixer, it will crash later on.
Judging from the code, 9652 will not work either.

Actually hdsploader and hdspconf work in 1.024, but hdspmixer not.
Personally, until it is officially fixed, I downloaded the source of the
1.023 version of alsa-tools, built only hdspmixer and it works fine with
the rest of alsa installation at version 1.024.