[PlanetCCRMA] Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: planetos.

Thu Mar 24 09:39:05 PDT 2011

On 03/24/2011 01:25 AM, Tuukka Jääskeläinen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm a newb to Fedora and Planet CCRMA, but I've read that this is a good
> distro thus wanted to test this out. Installing Fedora 14 went all good,
> but the following error appeared when I tried to do "rpm -Uvh
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/14/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.1-2.fc14.ccrma.noarch.rpm"
> according to the instructions on
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installplanetfourteen.html :
>

> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/releases/14/Everything/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/releases/14/Everything/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml
>
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> planetos. Please verify its path and try again
>

> That was the only repo that didn't work. Even the Planet CCRMA updates
> -repo worked all good.
>

> Did I do something wrong?

No, you did not. But currently (lack of disk space) the Fedora mirror
repositories (planetos is one of them) is not enabled. Do not turn it on
(and neither planetupdates). Things should work fine with your regular
fedora repositories and just planetccrma and planetcore...