[PlanetCCRMA] ffado-test, nvidia, SElinux weirdness

Thu Jun 23 11:17:18 PDT 2011

On 06/23/2011 01:08 AM, Er wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to start with a great big "thank you" for your marvelous work
> on CCRMA :)

Thanks. First of all, which version of Fedora and architecture are you
running? Without that bit of information it is more difficult to attempt
to answer questions...

> I just got few questions :
> - Why ffado-test's absent from the ffado package? As far as I know it's
> needed to set the clock source of the device. It might be a good thing
> to add it... or maybe there a good reason for it :)

Ffado is part of Fedora now, maybe the maintainer is on this list?
Otherwise I would suggest filing a bug report with a request for its
inclusion in RedHat's bugzilla.

> - Lately I tried the rt kernel. Yet if I reboot to the normal kernel
> after, I got some very long SElinux process to set something I don't
> understand in order. Where can it comes from? If you don't know at all
> what I'm talking about, I'll send you more details.

Yes, we would need more details (was it a "relabel"?)

> - Last but not least : When can we expect the nvidia proprietary kmod
> for the RT kernel? Sorry I ask at every release, but I'm stuck in
> console mode without it. It helps being patient to know how long we must
> wait :)

A patched version of the rpmfusion akmod nvidia package for rt kernels
is available for fc14. It does trigger some errors with the rt kernel
but AFAICT with no side effect ("yum install akmod-nvidia", the driver
will be recompiled for your kernel when you reboot). I'm about to
upgrade it to the latest. I'll try to build for fc15 later today - but
Fedora 15 + rt + systemd does not work, and using upstart instead
apparently does not work for everyone (I have not gotten any detailed
reports on why it fails yet).