[PlanetCCRMA] Set up

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:49:09 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Donald Steven wrote:
> I've seen so many version of how to set up configuration files, can
> someone please give us the definitive values for the files in /etc,
> etc/limits.d/, and others?  (ie. the limits.conf-type files).  Thanks.

Hi Don, which Fedora version is this?

Jack2 has been included in official Fedora 14 and later. The only
thing you need to do is to add your user to the "jackuser" group and
relogin. You do not need to do any changes in limit.conf files
yourself. See the file
/usr/share/doc/jack-audio-connection-kit-VERSION/README.Fedora . This
file has been revised in Fedora 14/15 recently thanks to Fernando. The
contents should be pretty accurate now.

For Fedora 13 and below, you have multiple choices for jack. However I
recommend you to upgrade to Fedora 14 at least. If you really need to
use Fedora 13, let us know which jack you are willing to use.

Cheers,
Orcan