[PlanetCCRMA] Recommended Laptop

Sat Jul 9 01:12:46 PDT 2011

On 07/04/2011 05:55 AM, Peter Adamson wrote:
> Thanks to one and all for the valuable feedback regarding laptops to run
> Planet CCRMA. It kinda looks like Thinkpad wins! ;^)
>
> Just one little question for Fernando, what is "argh" about the binary
> driver? Is it a less ideal solution, inconvenient to install/use or both?

Just that I would rather use open source drivers. I always try hard to
buy systems that will not need closed source drivers but I really wanted
the best resolution for the screen. For example the nvidia driver is
triggering rt kernel warnings on boot and at some other times and there
is no way to fix that (that I know). Apparently no side effects and the
driver works fine otherwise...

-- Fernando