[PlanetCCRMA] updated hdspmixer

Sun Feb 27 15:47:33 PST 2011

On 02/27/2011 03:36 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On 02/27/2011 12:52 PM, Craig Bourne wrote:
>> I updated to alsa-tools 1.0.24.1-1.3.fc14.ccrma per today's note. This
>> does not yet fix hdspmixer as the following command-line invocation
>> and response shows.
>>
>> --
>> Craig Bourne
>>
>> *# hdspmixer*
>>
>> HDSPMixer 1.6 - Copyright (C) 2003 Thomas Charbonnel
> Sorry, this is a mistake on my part, apparently I included the wrong
> patch (the hdspmixer version should be 1.10, not 1.6), let me do this
> again... Argh....

Never mind, the patch is correct except for the version number which is
irrelevant. It would seem that the 9652 card still has problems, I'll
post your results to alsa-devel (BTW, I have fixed nothing, I'm just
packaging the alsa team memeber fixes :-).

It would be better if you could install alsa-tools-debuginfo and run
hdspmixer from inside gdb and send me the results of a backtrace after
the crash so I can forward it to alsa-devel.

(ie: do "gdb /usr/bin/hdspmixer", then "run" at the gdb prompt, then
"bt" when the program crashes - send the results of the bt command).