[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 14 PlanetCCRMA music/audio/video apps on MeeGo 1.2

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:49:07 PST 2011

Here's an example of installing Fedora 14 Apps from PlanetCCRMA [1]
with "MeeGolem" repository hacks on MeeGo 1.2 [2] 'netbooktablet':

http://nielsmayer.com/meego/netbooktablet/MeeGolem-con-CCRMA-installing.txt

(nb: you can't just go blindly installing stuff... for example, I
forgot about the app w/ kde dependencies until 'zypper' reminded me
about it... so I skipped it during install along w/ a few other
unresolvables, for now... they're in RPMFusion).

Package list of MeeGo + PlanetCCRMA + Fedora14:
http://nielsmayer.com/meego/netbooktablet/MeeGolem-con-CCRMA-packages.txt

(That's a 2.3Mb listing of packages -- imagine how many apps get in
there when I add RPMFusion -- and how slow zypper gets on the poor
little netbook)

Some screenshots of a few apps running on a touchscreen Lenovo s10-3t Netbook
(and yes, it's really nice using a touchscreen to make patch
connections in qjackctl).

	http://nielsmayer.com/meego/netbooktablet/CCRMA-2.png
	http://nielsmayer.com/meego/netbooktablet/CCRMA-3.png
	http://nielsmayer.com/meego/netbooktablet/CCRMA-4.png
	http://nielsmayer.com/meego/netbooktablet/CCRMA-5.png
	http://nielsmayer.com/meego/netbooktablet/CCRMA-6.png (screeensnap
happened mid-refresh on the spectrum)

[1] http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software
[2] A recent prerelease of MeeGo 1.2 see
http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.2/Netbook/Acceptance/Pinetrail/ ,
combined some of the nice QML touchscreen interfaces from Intel's
MeeGo 1.2 tablet developer's release, see
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/meego-swype-esla . Specifically:
"Linux meegolem 2.6.37-7.25 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 17 06:50:32 UTC
2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux" on an Intel Atom N455 (1.66G).

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS:  Once I figure more stuff out and a few do's and don'ts I'll make
my hacked repository directories available so you all can MeeGolemize
your netbooks too.