[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia drivers help

Geoff King gsking1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:35:28 PST 2011

Hello,
I've been trying to get CCRMA kernel going on Fedora 14 x86_64 system.
I've been using the stock kernel for a few months, but want to switch to
the rt kernel.

My problem is that I can't seem to get the correct nvidia driver
installed.  I've installed the CCRMA akmods package which is 260.19.29
but my system already has the 260.19.36 driver  from RPMfusion such as
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs version 260.19.36-1.fc14.  It won't let me
downgrade to the earlier version using yumex.  The only downgrade option
in yumex in 260.19.12.

Could someone please give me a few pointers?
Maybe the CCRMA akmods package should be updated to 260.19.36 to match
current rpmfusion?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Geoff