[PlanetCCRMA] planetccrma repo down, or...?

sevol sevols.ear at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 04:26:00 PDT 2010

On 10/21/10, sevol <sevols.ear at gmail.com> wrote:
> <---x--->
> The LXDE spin with my box is not without fundamental problems -- after
> login, a split second passes where I see "a crash in gmixer has been
> detected," then the whole system goes down & tries to reboot about
> 4/5th of the time -- google hasn't been my friend, so, good chance
> I'll revert to an earlier fedora.
<---x--->

I couldn't quite believe gmixer had much to do with crashing my
system, & it didn't. By looking through dmesg, finding "Please enable
the IOMMU option in BIOS setup," & googling that, a fix turned up.

I have no option of changing the IOMMU settings in my BIOS, but
without going over my head, this setting has to do with AGP video
cards, while I'm using my motherboard's integreted video chipset:

GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H (onboard AMD 780G chipset with Integrated ATI
Radeon HD3200 graphics)

& this caused things to go wrong. For anyone else snagged by a similar
issue, the workaround I found goes so:

As root, add

iommu=noaperture

to the end of the kernel bootline of each kernel you plan to use,
found in the file

/boot/grub/menu.lst

Save changes & reboot.

Probably a new thread would be a better place for this info,  but it's
OT, & well, it's here instead...

                                            -s