[PlanetCCRMA] RT kernel for CentOS 5 with ext4 support?

Mon Oct 18 11:47:38 PDT 2010

On 10/17/2010 10:41 PM, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First post for me to PlanetCCRMA, hope I do OK.  :-)
>
> I installed CCRMA on a fresh CentOS machine yesterday.  When
> I tried to boot the RT kernel, it mostly went OK, except
> that my /home partition is formatted in ext4 from being
> used earlier with Mandriva 2010.1 and with Fedora 13.  My
> CentOS machine is down now, but the planetcore repository has
> kernel-rt-2.6.24.7-1.rt14.4.el5.ccrma.i686.rpm as what looks like
> the latest release of a kernel for CentOS, and that is from July
> 2008.
>
> Now for 2 questions.  Is CentOS still actively supported by
> CCRMA?

CentOS support used to be done by Arnaud, I have not heard from him in a
while.

> If so, is there a plan to update the repository with a
> kernel which supports ext4?

It is very unlikely. Is ext4 currently supported by CentOS at all?
(sorry, I don't know). If you want to use CentOS your best bet would be
to go back to ext3...