[PlanetCCRMA] Problem with Fluidsynth-DSSI via Rosegarden

Peter Howard pjh at coastal.net.au
Fri Oct 8 20:19:45 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 19:47 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Peter Howard wrote:
> > The title describes it really.  Rosegarden -> Fluidsynth works OK,
> > Rosegarden using xsynth-dssi works, Rosegarden using fluidsynth-dssi
> > doesn't.  The immediate symptom is related to the editor window - it
> > doesn't come up, so I can't specify a sound font.  ps shows that it's
> > trying to run:
> >
> > [phlap at Mahler ~]$ ps -ef | grep dssi
> > phlap     3115  3095  0 10:22 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib64/dssi/fluidsynth-dssi/FluidSynth-DSSI_gtk osc.udp://Mahler:13675/plugin/dssi/10000/synth/FluidSynth-DSSI fluidsynth-dssi.so FluidSynth-DSSI Rosegarden: Synth plugin #1
> >
> > but the window never comes up.  I can start FluidSynth-DSSI_gtk
> > manually, using the -test flag, but of course there's nothing to connect
> > to.
> >
> > This is on Fedora 13 x86_64.
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >

> How does your /etc/hosts look like? Try commenting out lines starting with ::1

OK, so getting rid of the IPV6 line got the editor window appearing (and
solved a qjackctl shutdown problem too).  With that I could select a
sound font.  But is sounded like it was being played through a fog horn.

> Also please try the fluidsynth-libs package from the updates-testing repo.
>
> # yum --enablerepo updates-testing update fluidsynth-libs

And that got the sound sounding like it should.

Thanks.

--
Peter Howard <pjh at coastal.net.au>